Day 1 : Yangon - Kalemyon (L, D)
- 05:00 Registration is at Chatrium Hotel - 40 Natmauk Road - Tamwe Township - Tamwe Township
- 05:15 AM, transfer to airport
- Morning flight to Kalemyo, the gateway town for the Chin State. We explore Kalewa with its markets and quaint wooden architecture.
Day 2 : Kalewa - Kindat (B, L, D)
- Stop for morning walk at Balet, a charming and typical river community.
Day 3 : Kinda – Paungbyin (B, L, D)
- Kindat was as far as the old IFC steamers ventured outside of the Monsoon season. This part of the Chindwin valley is very sparsely populated and villages are few and far between.
Day 4 : Sithaung (B, L, D)
- We pass the mouth of the Yu River which drains the Kubu valley. Sitthaung was the final resting place of a number of IFC steamers scuppered there in 1942.
Day 5 : Toungdoot (B, L, D)
- Toungdoot, or Hswang-hsup in Tain, is an ancient Shan enclave which in British times still had a ruling prince or sawbwa complete with palace and court.
Day 6 : Homalin (B, L, D)
- We pass the Uyu River worked by gold washers on the way to Homalin, the furtherst navigable point on the Chindwin for vessels of our size.
Day 7 : Mawlaik (B, L, D)
- Mawlaik replaced Kindat as the administrative capital. Like other towns of the Upper Chindwin, they can only be reached by boat so cars are few.
Day 8 : Mingkin (B, L, D)
- Mingkin features Konbaung court style teak monasteries which are sumptuously decorated. Mingkin may be described as the Luang Prabang of the Chindwin.
Day 9 : Monywa (B, L, D)
- Entering the Lower Chindwin where the river widens and the forested hills fall away to farmland, we pass a number of attractive villages. We will explore Monywa and time permitting make a quick trip to the Thanbodi Temple with its million Buddha images.
Day 10 : Pagan (B, L, D)
- Cruise all day to the great Lower Chindwin plain.
Day 11 : Pagan (B, L, D)
- Tour a selection of the most significant of the 3,000 Buddhist monuments found at this World Heritage Site. We will visit lacquerware manufacturers.
- Sail in the afternoon and evening walk in Oh Ne Kyaung village to see the local life in this typical river side community.
Day 12 : Yandabo Village (B, L, D)
- We head upstream to the Chindwin confluence and stop in the evening at Yandabo. Here we visit the Pandaw School built with donations from past Pandaw passengers.
Day 13 : Ava and Amarapura (B, L, D)
- In the morning we travel to Ava and explore the ruins, visiting Bagaya Kyaung, a 200 year old royal monastery made of teak with elaborate wood carvings.
- In the afternoon we travel to Mandalay for an orientation tour of the city area visiting the Mahamuni Pagoda and sunset at Amarapura U-Bein Bridge.
Day 14 : Mingun Pagoda and Belle (B, L, D)
- We cast off early and stop at Mingun to see the largest working bell in the world and the unfinished pagoda that is the largest single mass of brick building in the world.
- We also visit the Mingun Old People's Home originally established with the assistance of the Irrawaddy Flotilla Company in the 1930s.
Day 15 : Kyaung-Myoung Potteries (B, L, D)
- Visit the spectacular potteries near Kyauk-Myoung. We enter the Third Defile and sail upstream all day stopping at Khan-nyat village with its many Buddhist monasteries and an orphanage we support.
Day 16 : Tagaung Ancient City (B, L, D)
- Explore by foot the ancient city of Tagaung viewing the fortifications. In the evening we climb the Pagoda Hill at Tigyang with its stunning views of the Irrawaddy.
Day 17 : Kyaung Potteries-Myoung (B, L, D)
- We reach the enchanting colonial town of Katha, setting for George Orwell's Myanma Days. Katha was the final resting place of the old flotilla and here over a hundred ships were scuppered in 1942.
Day 18 : Shwegu and Kyun-Daw (B, L, D)
- We continue upstream to Shwegu and Kyun-daw, a midstream island of monasteries and countless small pagodas. Cruise through the 2nd Defile, the most dramatic of the three gorges, with cliffs towering over the narrow channel.
Day 19 : Inn-ywa (B, L, D)
- Delightful walk through some of the oldest wooden village houses in Burma.
Day 20 : Khanyat (B, L, D)
- Visit a Buddhist orphanage and the grave of an English officer assassinated here during the Pacification of Burma (1887).
Day 21 : Mandalay (B)
- Disembark the ship between 8.00 am - 9.00 am at Shwe Kyet Yet Jetty, Mandalay.