Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh city - My Tho - Cai Be (L, D)
- Good morning, HCMC/Saigon!
- Then, bid a farewell to the hustle and bustle of HCMC as we travel 70 kilometers south by land to My Tho to embark your boutique Ship. We will be served refreshing drinks and light lunch as the Ship steadily glides along the Mekong. We will bathe in the fading sunset on the balcony followed by a briefing at the lounge. Later, a welcome dinner awaits us.
- When approaching Cai Be, the Ship drops anchor midstream. Light lunch served. Afternoon tea and dinner are included. Overnight stayed in Cai Be.
Day 2 : Cai Be - Sa Dec - Tan Chau (B, L, D)
Day 3 : Tan Chau - Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
- Every day, our journey starts with an invigorating Tai Chi lesson on the Sundeck just as the sun begins its gentle glow. Coffee and tea awaits the early bird.
- The day-tour starts with a visit to Cai Be’s boisterous and colorful floating market on a traditional sampan (a flat bottomed traditional Vietnamese wooden boat). During the ride, discover breathtaking landscapes along the river and quaff the rustic life on the Mekong Delta. The cruise will halt intermittently to allow us to observe how rice paste, rice paper, rice cookies, rice pop, rice wine and coconut candies are made, enjoy local life along the canals on the way back to the Ship for lunch.
- In the afternoon, we cruise to Sa Dec. Upon arrival, we embark a traditional sampan to tour Binh Thanh Island to visit an untouchable village. Here, every villager is involved in the process of making rattan mat and this give us the chance to interact with the old local people. We then board the Ship for a tranquil evening cruise towards Tan Chau. The Ship will moor midstream overnight near Tan Chau.
- Welcome to the fish sanctuary of Vietnam. Begin your day with a hearty breakfast at the Dining Hall of your balcony. Brace yourself for a short excursion in Tan Chau, a pleasant town near the Cambodian border with sizeable Chinese, Kinh and Khmer community.
- Firstly, the journey takes you to the “evergreen” islands where you will be thrilled to learn the life of the locals
- The inhabitants of these islands live on houses poised on high stilts – a centuries-old tradition in this part of the Mekong Delta. We stop to visit a fish farm located in the Tan Chau canal – this farm consists of floating houses and the villagers make their living by cultivating fish. You continue by boat to Tan Chau pier, disembark here and stroll around this colorful local market with lots of regional products. You return to the cruise Ship after your market visit. Overnight we anchor midstream near Phnom Penh.
Day 4 : Phnom Penh (B)
- Your journey with the floating sanctuary has come to an end, but will not be forgotten. Disembark after breakfast and head into the city of Phnom Penh to further discover its culture and history. Breakfast is included.
- Group shore-excursions
- Entrance fees
- Tour guide services (English speaking)
- River pilots
- Port dues
- Transfers in Saigon and Siem Reap from/to the meeting point to/from embarkation/disembarkation point or vice versa.Meals are included full board. Soft drink, local beer, house wine by glass, fruit juices, tea/ coffee and water are included and available at all time.
- Port tax per passenger of USD 68 (levied by Port authorities).
- Crew gratuities (USD 8-10 per passenger/day are recommended).
- Cambodia/ Vietnam Visa (Cambodian visa on arrival is available on Upstream cruise at current estimated fee USD 39)
- Fuel surcharges if any.
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- The maintenance periods are: May & June 2015
- Peak season surcharge at USD 183 per person for all cruises falling on New Year’s Eve and/or Christmas (Lost Civilization cruise 8D/7N: Dec 23 & 30, 2017; Serenity cruise 5D/4N: Dec 30, 2017; Pearl of The Orient 4D/3N: Dec 30, 2017)