Day 1 : My Tho - Cai Be - Vinh Long (B, L, D)
- Meeting at My Tho Tourist Pier at 11h30. Check-in on board of L’Amant. There will be a short introduction of the crew and the ship, followed by lunch on board. The cruise begins toward Cai Be.
- Early afternoon board on a sampan boat for a short cruise through the boats that come daily to sell their products: fruits, vegetables, fishes... Then sail through the numerous arroyos and be captivated by the serenity of the Mekong Delta. Visit an ancient colonial house and a rice popcorn factory and taste the local specialties.
- Return back on board and time is at leisure to enjoy the sundeck or a soothing foot massage (with supplement). Dinner on board and will be followed by the projection of the film “L’Amant” or “Indochine”.
- Overnight on board.
Day 2 : Vinh Long - Sa Dec (B)
- After breakfast, the boat heads toward Sa Dec. Upon arrival, check-out time before boarding on a local boat to reach Sa Dec city, the old-fashioned town, famous for its flowers and bonsai plants, and where the famous French Writer Marguerite Duras spent her childhood. Stroll through the lively market streets of this fascinating town, toward the tomb of L’Amant (the Lover) and his parents.
- Visit a Chinese temple and pass-by the school where Margerite’s mother has taught, an opportunity to interact with the students, as well as the house where she used to live with her children. Stop to visit the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le, the “house of the Chinese” described in Marguerite Duras’ novel “L’Amant”.
- Then return to the docks through the market.The visit ends at around 11h00.
- Accommodation in single/double cabin with full board meals as mentioned on the program (breakfast/lunch/dinner).
- English or French speaking guide (other languages on request with supplement).
- All visits and excursions as mentioned.
- Third Party (P&I) Insurances.
- Port dues & Government tax VAT at 10%.
- Transfers to / from the port of embarkation.
- Personal Travel Insurances.
- Drinks, tips and other personal expenses or services not mentioned on the program.
- Fuel surcharge (The above rate is based on the current fuel price at VND 22,310 per litter as of 25 Oct 2013. In case of any variation by more than 10%, the cruise rate will follow by +/ - 8) % accordingly
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- Surcharge on Christmas (24/12) and New Year (31/12) & on Lunar New Year on Feb.
- The school is closed during Tet (Vietnamese New Year festival) and other public holidays.
- During the cruise on board of L’Amant, all excursions will be organized in groups.