Day 1 : Sa Dec - Vinh Long - Cai Be (L, D)
- Meeting at Sa Dec Pier at 11h30. Check-in on board of L’Amant. There will be a short introduction of the crew and the ship, followed by lunch on board. In the early afternoon, visit the old-fashioned town, famous for its flowers and bonsai plants, and where the famous French Writer Marguerite Duras spent her childhood. Stroll through the lively market streets of this fascinating town, toward the tomb of L’Amant (the Lover) and his parents.
- Visit a Chinese temple and pass-by the school where Margerite’s mother has taught (an opportunity to interact with the students), as well as the house where she used to live with her children. Stop to visit the ancient house of Huynh Thuy Le, the “house of the Chinese” described in Marguerite Duras’ novel “L’Amant”.
- Return back on board; depart to Cai Be and free time at leisure on the sundeck or enjoy a soothing foot massage (with supplement).
- In the early evening, the boat will anchor near Cai Be for overnight. Dinner on board followed by the projection of the film “L’Amant” or “Indochine”. Overnight on board.
Day 2 : Cai Be - My Tho (B)
- After breakfast, check-out time, before boarding on a local boat to explore the Mekong River’s myriad of canals and the home of the famous garden - the image of the region.
- Then depart on a horse-drawn cart to go inland and visit the small villages. Stop, along the way, at a local home for a tropical fruit tasting and visit a bee farm before returning back on a rowing boat. Visit the craft villages, including a candy coconut factory.
- The visit ends at around 11h00.
- Accommodation in single/double cabin with full board meals as mentioned on the program (breakfast/lunch/dinner).
- English or French speaking guide (other languages on request with supplement).
- All visits and excursions as mentioned.
- Third Party (P&I) Insurances.Port dues & Government tax VAT at 10%.
- Transfers to / from the port of embarkation.
- Personal Travel Insurances.
- Drinks, tips and other personal expenses or services not mentioned on the program.
- Fuel surcharge (The above rate is based on the current fuel price at VND 22,310 per litter as of 25 Oct 2013. In case of any variation by more than 10%, the cruise rate will follow by +/ - 8) % accordingly
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- Surcharge on Christmas (24/12) and New Year (31/12) & on Lunar New Year on Feb.
- The school is closed during Tet (Vietnamese New Year festival) and other public holidays.
- During the cruise on board of L’Amant, all excursions will be organized in groups.