Day 1 : Saigon - Cai Be - Sa Dec - Can Tho (L, D)
- Morning pick up from hotel in Saigon and departure for Cai Be. Start at our own pier in Phu An Hamlet: 10.00 AM. Welcome on board and fresh towels are served. Starts to visit some local home factories to observe the traditional procedure of making rice ice paste, coconut candies and other specialties. Proceed to Cai Be colorful floating market, cruise among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Take a direction to Vinh Long and Sa Dec, cruise upstream on Tien Giang River, one of the two largest arms of the Mekong. Sail into a narrow canal to discover the hideaway unspoiled landscapes, luxuriant gardens and enjoy the airy atmosphere in countryside. Pass several traditional brick factories while cruising and have an interesting onsite visit to one of them.
- Continue the journey to Sa Dec, the little “Venice” in the Mekong Delta with numerous narrow canals, and different kinds of trading activities. Disembark at the local market place and begin your exploration in this charming Sa Dec town by walking along its narrow streets and take photos of beautiful old houses and Chinese temples. Stop at an ancient house dating from 1890, home of Ong Huynh Thuy Le, former “lover” of famous French novelist Marguerite Duras.
- Lunch will be served on board while cruising down to Can Tho along a beautiful narrow canal. Passing under several wooden “monkey bridges” and tiny typical villages before pulling a stop to visit Cao Dai Temple. The last stop before sunset is a splendid ancient house or “Nha Co” dating from the early 19th century. After the personal welcome of owner, a romantic candlelight dinner will be catered in an unique atmosphere. After dinner, continue to proceed to Can Tho. Overnight on board.
Day 2 : Can Tho - Cai Rang - Saigon (B)
- The journey starts at 6.00 AM with breakfast being served at 7.00 PM, while approaching Cai Rang floating market, the largest market in the whole Mekong Delta Region. Cruise among local barges full of fruits and vegetables and enjoy the hustle and bustle of morning market.
- The excursion ends at around 10.00 AM at Ninh Kieu Pier after visiting Can Tho’s local market. Pick up and transfer by private car back to Saigon. Arrival in Saigon. End of service
- Tour programs as in the itinerary
- 2 Days & 1 Night cruise on private charter basis on board “Song Xanh” sampan.
- 1 lunch, 1 candlelight dinner incl 1 small botle of wine for 2 at an ancient house.
- Breakfast on board (coffee, tea, juice, fresh yogurt, fruits, bread, butter and jam)
- 2 bottles of min. water/pers./day, Vietnamese tea, Fresh fruits, Refreshing cotton towels
- Service Charge and Gvt. Taxes
- Crew assistance
- 1 English or French speaking guide
- Bicycles and “Xuong” rowing boat rides
- Transfer: Ho Chi Minh - Mekong Pier - Ho Chi Minh (book in next step)
- Meals not indicated on itinerary
- Drinks during meals & cruise (soft drinks, beer, wine)
- Other personal expenses
- Tips & gratuities
- Vietnam Visa
- Individual Traveling Insurance
- Peaks season Surcharge: 25 USD/pax
- Other not mentioned
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- Surcharge on Christmas (24/12) and New Year (31/12) & on Lunar New Year on Feb 19, 20 & 21