Day 1 : Saigon - Cai Be - Phu An - Dong Hoa Hiep - Vinh Long - Sa Dec (L, D)
- At 08:00, we will be met at the lobby of our hotel in Saigon. We transfer to Cai Be. The excursion starts from Cai Be town pier at 10:00. Upon embarkation on your sampan-hotel, you will be welcomed with fresh cotton towels. After your installation, the cruise will begin with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market cruising among local barges full of fruits and vegetables. Visits will be made at an ancient mandarin house dating from 1890 where you will we welcomed by the owner. Further, another stop at some local home factories will allow you to observe how rice paste, coconut candies and other specialties are traditionally made.
- We will proceed to Phu An hamlet, an untouched beautiful area reflecting some of the best sights the Mekong Delta can offer. A delicious lunch will await you at "Le Longanier", a superb Indochinese villa located by the river, in a lush tropical garden surrounded by fruit plantations.
- After lunch, your sampan will proceed to Sa Dec cruising the Tien Giang river, one of the two large arms of the Mekong. These evergreen islands among the Mekong River bring about large networks of meandering rivers, criss-crossed with countless arroyos, and remaining unknown to many people. We will then cruise on a small beautiful canal through water jacinth plantations… You will take a small rowing boat for a cruise along a narrow canal passing by a local tiny village and fruit plantations. Further on the banks, some dark smokes in the sky will lead us to one of the largest artisanal bricks and tiles factory where you will have an interesting visit.
- Sa Dec town will appear like a little “Venice” with numerous narrow canals. You will disembark for a guided visit of this charming and peaceful town, walking along its narrow streets where beautiful French old houses, Chinese temples and Vietnamese. Dinh are dating from the last century. You will visit the Trung Vuong primary school where famous novelist Marguerite Duras spent her childhood (turned into the movie “The Lover”), then you will have your last visit of the day at the beautiful ancient house of Ong Huynh Thuy Le who was the former “lover” of M. Duras. A delicious dinner will be catered for you on board.
Day 2 : Sa Dec - Long Xuyen - "Ong Ho" Island (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, begins to explore this charming Sa Dec town by walking along its narrow streets and take photos of beautiful old French houses and Chinese temples dating from the last century. You will also visit the local market and the Trung Vuong primary school where famous French writer Marguerite Duras (author of "The lover") went to. Back on board and start cruising along the Mekong River. Lunch shall be served on board while proceeding upstream to Long Xuyen, a peaceful typical provincial town in the Mekong Delta dotted with an attractive floating market.
- In the afternoon, excursion to “Ong Ho” island to visit Ton Duc Thang museum, the second president of Vietnam. A special candlelight dinner will be catered in an unique atmosphere of a local ancient house where you can share experiences with family members and learn about traditional southern lifestyle. Back on board, starts cruising to Rach Gia. Overnight on board.
Day 3 : Long Xuyen - Rach Gia (B)
- Arrival at Rach Gia - the capital city of Kien Giang province - located on the coast of Gulf of Thailand. The trading goods in this region are particularly fish, agricultural products and smuggled goods from Cambodia and Thailand. On-board breakfast at 7.00 AM before the excursion ends (for any guest who has a connecting flight Phu Quoc Island at 8.00 AM, breakfast shall be served at 6.00 AM).
- In Rach Gia, there are several places of interest including Ha Tien about 100km north-west which has some unusual limestone formations.
- 3 day / 2 night cruise on private charter basic on “Song Xanh” sampan
- 2 lunches, 2 dinners incl. 1 bottle of wine for 2 persons at an ancient house
- Daily breakfast on board
- Crew assistance
- 1 English or French speaking guide
- Bicycles and “Xuong” rowing boat rides
- Cold towels, exotic seasonal fruits, hot green tea and two bottles of mineral water per person per day.
- Transfer: Ho Chi Minh - Cai Be Pier 1 way (book in next step)
- Individual Traveling Insurance
- Personal Expenses during the cruise
- Drinks during meals & cruise (soft drinks, beer, wine)
- Tipping / Crew and Guide
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- Surcharge on Christmas (24/12) and New Year (31/12) & on Lunar New Year on Feb 19, 20 & 21