Day 1 : Saigon - My Tho (L, D)
- The Toum Tiou II is all revved up, spruced up, and ready for you at Saigon Port. Enjoy a sumptuous lunch as the ship cruises to My Tho.
- Savor a refreshing welcome drink and enjoy a sumptuous dinner as local musicians play traditional Khmer tunes on board. The ship moors overnight.
Day 2 : My Tho - Cai Be (B, L, D)
- Enjoy a leisurely breakfast on board before local boats are sent to the Toum Tiou II to pick you up for transfer to the mainland.
- We depart for Vinh Trang pagoda by car, followed by a short panoramic tour of My Tho town. My Tho - which means fragrant herb in Vietnamese - draws thousands of tourists who are eager to embrace the untouched beauty of the Delta. It is a prosperous city of about 100,000 inhabitants, famous for its myriad fruit orchards, gardens and vast rice fields. The climate is warm and pleasant throughout the year. The surrounding countryside is home to one of the most luxuriant gardens of Vietnam, encircled by coconut palms and banana and mango trees.
- We then return to the piers as local boats take us on a leisurely cruise to Thoi Son Island. Here, we are able to quaff the rustic life of the local inhabitants, enjoy local fruits and to be one with the people. We re-embark to Toum Tiou 2 before cruising to Cai Be.
- The vessel moors overnight.
Day 3 : Cai Be - Vinh Long - Sa Dec (B, L, D)
- After a leisurely breakfast, local boats are sent to the Toum Tiou 2 to pick you up for a delightful cruise around Cai Be Floating Market. We continue cruising and we stop at Vinh Long - a brick and pottery factory and the Binh Hoa Phuoc Islet Nursery of Fruit Trees. We visit a typical local dwelling and a show room of traditional farming tools. Vinh Long – Vietnamese for Majestic Dragon- sits merrily in the middle of the delta, protected by the two arms of the Mekong. The soil of Vinh Long is enriched by silt deposits, making it ideal for growing mandarins and other citrus fruits. Life here centers on water. Houses are hoisted precariously on stilts that are planted onto the banks of the river. Hawkers peddle knick knacks from boats. Hundreds of small boats travel the river daily. The unbridled warmth of the locals makes this a destination par excellence. We return to the Toum Tiou II before departing for Sa Dec. We are served a lovely lunch during our cruise.
- Upon arrival, we are given a short tour of Sa Dec and then we transfer to Trung Vuong primary school. We then continue our cruise to the Kien An Cung Pagoda. We stroll around the bustling Sa Dec Market. The small city of Sa Dec of 30,000 inhabitants is fascinating in its unspoiled beauty authenticity..
Day 4 : Cai Be - Chau Doc (B, L, D)
- We depart early for Chau Doc. Breakfast is served during navigation. We arrive at Chau Doc slightly after lunch time.
- We arrive at Chau Doc. Local boats ferry us to visit fist rafts and the Cham village, a minority ethnic group. Chau Doc is a remote border town and cultural melting pot of Chinese, Cham and Khmer communities. The city is situated at the intersection of a tributary linking the Bassac and the Mekong River. What Chau Doc lacks in size, it makes up in colors. There’s lots of it which is vivid and vibrant. Even its store fronts are painted in warm pastel shades. We are taken on a short panoramic tour of the city. This is the perfect opportunity to feel throbbing vibration of the local markets.
- We return to Toum Tiou II slightly after sunset before being served dinner on board.
- The vessel moors overnight.
- Return to the boat after sunset.
Day 5 : Chau Doc - Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
- Toum Tiou II leaves early for Vinh Xuong (Vietnamese border) and breakfast during navigation. Here, the boat docks for a while for cross- border formalities. Toum Tiou II then cruises for Cambodia. Lunch is served on-board.
- It is time for leisure on-board as the vessels cruises the whole afternoon. As night approaches, it is time to bid farewell. Enjoy a farewell cocktail with the Master of the ship and Cruise Manager. Enjoy a specially designed captain’s farewell dinner as you prepare for your last night on board. Toum Tiou II moors overnight.
Day 6 : Phnom Penh (B)
- After a hearty breakfast, you will visit Kampong Tralach. We visit the spectacular Wat Kampong Tralach Leu pagoda at Kampong Tralach before returning to Toum Tiou II. The vessel cruises towards Phnom Penh, the bustling capital city of Cambodia. It’s time to pack and prepare to disembark.
- We arrive in Phnom Penh and we bid adieu to the wonderful Toum Tiou II team.
- English / French speaking guide
- Deluxe double / twin cabin of Toum Tiou
- Full board (Tea, water, coffee included)
- Admission fees and permits where applicable
- Transfer in HCMC from/ to the hotel in the center
- Airfares and airport taxes
- Transfer at departure/ arrival port
- Pre/post trip arrangement
- Visa and visa arrangement Travel insurance
- Personal Expenses
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- Surcharge on Christmas (24/12/2016) and New Year (31/12/2016) & on Lunar New Year on Feb 19, 20 & 21