Day 1 : Ho Chi Minh City - My Tho (D)
- The Toum Tiou is all revved up, spruced up, and ready for you at 15:45. The Toum Tiou departs for My Tho. Enjoy a refreshing welcome drink and a briefing on the cruise.
Day 2 : My Tho - Cai Be - Vinh Long - Sa Dec (B, L, D)
- The Toum Tiou departs at the break of dawn. Begin the day with a sumptuous breakfast whilst the Toum Tiou navigates – delicately - the marvelous canal of Cho Gao. We arrive at My Tho. Toum Tiou drops anchor close to the Thoi Son Island on the banks of a northern arm of the Mekong. My Tho which means fragrant herb and draws thousands of tourists who are eager to embrace the untouched beauty of the Delta. It is a prosperous city of about 100,000 inhabitants, famous for its myriad fruit orchards, gardens and vast rice fields. The climate is warm and pleasant throughout the year. The surrounding countryside is home to one of the most luxuriant gardens of Vietnam, encircled by coconut palms and banana and mango trees. Local boats are sent to the Toum Tiou to pick you up for transfer to the mainland. We embark on a short panoramic tour of My Tho town, stopping halfway for a visit to the colorful market. We return to the pier and we cruise by local boat to Dragon Island where were quaff the everyday life of the local denizens. Passengers re-embark Toum Tiou. The cruise ship leaves My Tho for Cai Be. A special lunch spread is served.
- Toum Tiou drops anchor at Cai Be. Local boats are sent to the Toum Tiou to pick you up for a delightful cruise around Cai Be Floating Market. We continue cruising and we stop at Vinh Long - a brick and pottery factory and the Binh Hoa Phuoc Islet Nursery of Fruit Trees. We visit a typical local dwelling and a show room of traditional farming tools. Vinh Long – Vietnamese for Majestic Dragon- sits merrily in the middle of the delta, protected by the two arms of the Mekong. The soil of Vinh Long is enriched by silt deposits, making it ideal for growing mandarins and other citrus fruits. Life here centers on water. Houses are hoisted precariously on stilts that are planted onto the banks of the river. Hawkers peddle knick knacks from boats. Hundreds of small boats travel the river daily. The unbridled warmth of the locals makes this a destination par excellence. We return to the Toum Tiou. We depart for Sa Dec. We arrive at Sa Dec. Toum Tiou drops anchor. A delectable dinner awaits us.
Day 3: Sa Dec - Chau Doc (B, L, D)
- The day begins with a sumptuous breakfast. A short tour of Sa Dec and then we transfer to Trung Vuong primary school. We then continue our cruise to the Kien An Cung Pagoda. We stroll around the bustling Sa Dec Market. The small city of Sa Dec of 30,000 inhabitants is fascinating in its unspoiled beauty and authenticity. We retun to the Toum Tiou and we leave for Chau Doc. Lunch is served on board.
- We arrive at Chau Doc. Local boats ferry us to visit rafts and the Cham village, a minority ethnic group of both Vietnam and Cambodia. If times permits, we will be able to drink in the spectacular sunset on the Sam Mountain which peaks at 237 meters. Its well-known Buddhist sanctuaries offer an unobstructed view over the mosaic of glistening rice paddies below. To the left is Cambodia, the flow of the Mekong on the horizon breaks into infinity of silver ribbons. Midway, we visit the Lady Chua Xu temple and Tay An Pagoda. We return to the Tuom Tiou. Dinner is served onboard. The cruise ships moors overnight.
Day 4: Vinh Xuong - Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
- Toum Tiou leaves at the break of dawn for Vinh Xuong (Vietnamese border). Breakfast is served. We arrive at the Vinh Xuong check-point. We depart for Phnom Penh. Lunch is served.
- We arrive in Phnom Penh, the capital city of Cambodia. Guests are free to explore this erstwhile Paris of the East.
Day 5: Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
- Breakfast is served. We visit the Royal Palace, Silver Pagoda and Russian Market. We return to the Toum Tiou. Lunch is served on board.
- It is now free and easy leisure time. We suggest that you visit the notorious Toul Sleng torture centre. We return to Toum Tiou. Be entertained by the graceful dancers of the traditional APSARA” show whilst you enjoy dinner.
Day 6: Phnom Penh - Koh Chen - Kampong Tralach (B, L, D)
- Breakfast is served. We cruise to Koh Chen, a cosy village of craftsmen who specialise in making silver souvenir items. We return to the cruise ship. The Toum Tiou leaves Koh Chen for Kompong Tralach. Lunch is served on board.
- We visit the spectacular Wat Kampong Tralach Leu pagoda at Kampong Tralach. We return to Toum Tiou. Dinner is served and the cruise ship moors overnight.
Day 7 : Kampong Chhnang - Chnok Tru (B, L, D)
- The Toum Tiou sails for Kampong Chhnang. We arrive at Kampong Chhnang. Located some 56 miles from Phnom Penh, the town of Kampong Chhnang is one of the largest fishing ports on the Tonlé Sap. Kampong Chhnang is famous for fish farming and pottery ware. And not to be overlooked are the products of the Thnot tree - a mellow tasting, caramel-colored sugar sold in large cakes and palm wine - that grows abundantly in the area.
Day 8: Chnok Tru - Siem Reap (B)
- High water program You take a departure of the Toum Tiou early in the morning. It’s time to pack and relax a half a day by crossing the Tonlé Sap Lake. Arrival at Phnom Krom pier at 11:00 (~5 miles from Siem Reap) Lower water program 07:00 have Breakfast; chartered speedboat is coming along the boat and picks up passengers for crossing the Lake. Visit Chnok Tru, floating village. Arrival at Phnom Krom pier at 12:00 (~5 miles from Siem Reap)
- At the end of the low water period, (around late March to June) the water level may not allow any more speedboats to cross the lake. In this case, passengers will be transferred by our convenience from/to Siem Reap by land (~5-6 hour).
- Full board accommodation
- Including meals mentioned in the program
- Coffee, tea & drinking water
- Visits mentioned in the program
- Entrance fees
- Transportation from departure port to arrival port
- Port Fees
- English / French speaking guide
- Personal Travel Insurance
- Tours & meals other than those mentioned in the program
- Transfers from/to airport and hotels
- Bar fees
- Personal expenses
- Gratuities for the crew/guides
- 10% VAT
- Cruise itinerary and schedule are subject to change due to weather and operating conditions. Unused services are not subject to a refund.
- Meals on board are fusion: Vietnamese, Cambodian & international. Guests should advise of any special food preferences, allergies or dietary requirements at least three days prior to the cruise date.
- Advance registration is required with full name, date of birth, nationality, gender, passport number and visa expiry date for all passengers. A valid passport is required upon check-in. Otherwise, boarding may be denied by port authority.
- Surcharge on Christmas and New Year & on Lunar New Year on Feb .